Redline MTL 75W80 GL-4 Gear Oil
Red Line MTL 75W80 GL-4 Gear Oil is a popular gear oil for BMW, Honda/Acura, Ford Focus, late-model Mini Cooper, Land Rover/Range Rover LT77S, Mitsubishi, Dodge & Jeep NV1500, NV3500 , NV3550 and NV5600 truck transmissions. It serves as a replacement for and improvement over GM Synchromesh® (#12345349), Auto-Trak II® (#12378508) and Chrysler spec MS-9224. It is safe for brass synchros, as it lacks the reactive sulfurs found in most GL-5 oils that cause damage and offers quicker shifts. Known to eliminate notchy shifting, even when cold, and offers high performance gear protection and longer synchro life. The gear oil satisfies the gear oil viscosity requirements of 75W, 80W and motor oil viscosities of SAE 30, 10W30 and 5W30. It is recommended for GL-1, GL-3 and GL-4 applications as well as where most special synchromesh fluids are specified.
- Appropriate coefficient of friction for most manual transmission synchronizers (other's synthetic gear oils are often too slippery for proper synchro engagement)
- Red Line offers lubricants to pinpoint nearly every transmission application
- MTL, MT-85 & MT-90 are not for use in differentials with hypoid gears
- Excellent gear and synchro protection, balanced slipperiness for easier shifting in cold climates
- Excellent for high- and low-mile transmissions
- Compatible with petroleums and other synthetics